Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Paleo Challenge Day 2

Day 2 is now complete and I have been 100% paleo for 2 days.
I learned how mindless I can be in my eating, as I caught myself reaching for the M&M dispenser on someone's desk.  I think that Paleo will help me to be more mindful.

I loved this recipe for Spicy Tomato Sauce: http://nomnompaleo.com/post/49252507164/virginia-is-for-hunter-gatherers-spicy-tomato which I found on my new favorite blog: Nomnom Paleo.  Jen made it with Sausage added.  Served on top of spaghetti squash, which we learned takes a long time to cook.

Today, I did our first performance workout and Benchmark improvement WOD as part of the challenge.  We get points for how we do against each other, and for how much we improve at the end of the challenge. 
9 min AMRAP
3 Box Jumps (20")
3 Shoulder to Overhead (75#)
3 Burpees

Then add 3 to each for round 2, 3, 4, etc doing 6 reps, 9 reps, 12 reps.... (you get the idea)
My score: 153 reps (5 rounds plus 18 reps)

I immediately rolled into workout two because my friend Catch needed me for the partner WOD.  Started strong but ran out of gas 3/4 of the way through (Sorry Partner).

I did a BOD POD this morning for our benchmark body fat%: 17.8
 Courtesy: Hanscom AFB Media Gallery

Lunch: Sausage Pepper and Onions

Breakfast: Fried egg and bacon
Protein drink immediately after working out.
Mid morning: 2 boiled eggs
Afternoon: Apple and Pear

No comments: