Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Paleo Challenge days 5 through 9

Day 9 of the Hwtc paleo challenge (see details on my blog on day 1) is almost over and I am still clean with the challenge one quarter of the way over.   At the end of week one my partner and I are in second place well within striking distance to take home the prize. Before the challenge I was a big sugar- holic but I never realized how much sugar I was eating and the sources of those sugars until the challenge.   Turns out that almost everything I eat from the store even organic food has sugar added (check out the ingredients of that container of organic _______).  

What I miss most in days 5 through 9 is cheese ( on my omelete, chicken sandwich, scrambled eggs etc). Does anyone have a recipe for a homemade paleo cheese substitute (no dairy at all in this challenge)?

What I miss second is cookies.

My beautiful wife found the recipe the kids made me Triple Almond Cookies.  Here is the recipe from Everyone Eats Right.  
  http://everyoneeatsright.com/2013/10/01/triple-almond-cookies/

Burpees and double infers fortime is my current fitness challenge. My energy is back and I feel better now more than ever.  My stomach is shrunk and I an craving less unnecessary food and only eat when I am hungry.  I get irritable when am getting hungry.   I am slimmer and making progress on the weight loss and I am almost to the magical elusive 190 lbs.

No comments: